Daintree Activities And Attractions
We would like you to enjoy your stay with us and get the best from our beautiful region.
If you have special interests, share them with us and we'll be happy to recommend, with our local knowledge, what we think you will appreciate most.
Our beautiful swimming pool and the Retreat library are all yours. Take a leisurely walk, relax with a book or do nothing at all!
- Take a day or night guided walk in the World Heritage-listed rainforest
- Snorkel or dive on a reef cruise from Cape Tribulation
- Book a river cruise on the Daintree River or Cooper Creek. Cruises offer birdwatching, wildlife and crocodile spotting, and river or reef fishing
- Visit the Rainforest Environment & Interpretive Centre
- Walk the many boardwalks through the rainforests in the area
- "Surf" the rainforest canopy
- Visit Cape Tribulation Exotic Fruit Farm for tropical fruit tasting
- Picnic on the beach or at a nearby river waterhole
- Go horse riding or sea kayaking at Cow Bay or Cape Tribulation
- Take a 4WD safari beyond Cape Tribulation to Bloomfield and Cooktown
- Explore even more with a light aircraft scenic reef or rainforest flight
- Let yourself be pampered at the Daintree Natural Therapies and Spa
Please take the time to visit some of our local "friends" for more information:
- Daintree Air: Scenic flights and private charters.
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Walks: Guided interpretive day and night rainforest walks and tours. See endangered species, ancient flora, fan palm galleries, crystal-clear rainforest streams and exceptional bio-diversity.
- Daintree Rainforest Discovery Centre: Unique rainforest interpretive facility that allows visitors easy access to this unique rainforest wilderness via boardwalk tours, a 23 metre high Canopy Tower, Aerial Walkway and comprehensive Display Centre.